Tuesday, August 26, 2008

VHS vs DVD vs BLU-RAY

OK...OK....Call me old fashioned...I don't care...but HOW MANY times are we gonna have to buy The Wizard of Oz...or Citizen Kane...Personally, I don't care if I can see the paint cracking on the Tin Man's face or see the cracked surface of "Rosebud"...I just want to see a movie in my own home, at my own leisure. Sure, DVD's have an advantage over VHS...for one, you don't have to rewind them...on the other hand, DVDs can scratch REALLY easily...BUT....VHS tapes can twist, break or tear....sigh...what is a collector to do...Now....BLU-RAY...I'm not opposed to the format, just not that interested. Why buy another "White Album"?

1 comment:

John said...

Isn't it crazy! I'm actually excited about Blu-Ray because Japanese movies will play on our Blu-Ray players and vice versa. I sent some friends in Japan a bunch of cheap DVDS I bought at Target and they couldn't watch them. Well, they could, but only on their computer.

Now, that being said it will be awhile before I get one. They're so expensive!